Summary

FM12 - Conditional Formatting Fails to evaluate with solution converted from 11

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

Windows 7

Description of the issue

In a converted solution from FileMaker Pro 11, certain conditional formatting expressions will no longer be evaluated in the converted solution until re-created

Steps to reproduce the problem

I converted a 'complete' solution from 11 to 12 and the conditional formatting of a field using the above example would no longer evaluate.  I deleted the condition and re-added it 'EXACTLY' as it was originally.  It then worked.

Since I also have the same issues with most objects using conditional formatting including text boxes I decided to take a closer look at the difference(not fields) using different calculations, however from this I discovered what may be part of the problem:

I copied the broken object to the clipboard and using a tool from Dracoventions, retrieved the XML results.

I then performed the above fix and repeated the copy to the clipboard to compare the results of the two.

The broken one contained
Arial</Font-family>

The fixed one contained
arial</Font-family>

Using another copy of the same solution, I then changed alignment of the text area from center to right, then back again.  This also fixed the conditional formatting, again with the same fontId changes when copied to the clipboard.

With a field using isempty(Self) I had the same problem, after re-adding the conditional formatting and comparing the xml, the differences (not the entire xml) between both are below.

Before (Broken)

self&#10;{&#10;&#09;background-color: rgba(100%,100%,80%,1);&#10;&#09;box-shadow: none;&#10;}&#10;

After (Fixed)

self&#10;{&#10;&#09;background-color: rgba(100%,100%,80%,1);&#10;}&#10;

All I did was delete the conditional formatting line and re-create it using identical parameters.

It seems the conversion from 11 to 12 isn't filling out some required information.

Expected result

Conditional Formatting to evaluate as originally in 11 without the need to edit every single object which uses it.

Actual result

As above

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

NA

Configuration information

Windows 7, FileMaker Pro Advance 11 & 12

Outcomes