Version

FM12.0v1

Operating system version

OS X 10.6.8

Description of the issue

I defined a keyboard shortcut:
         Menu Title: Scripts…
         Keyboard Shortcut: ⇧⌘S
      When I open FM12, the shortcut is correctly displayed in the menu File > Manage… > Scripts…
      I can open the Script Manager with this shortcut. But now the shortcut disappears from the menu and a cannot use the shortcut a second time to open the script manager.
      When I close FM12 and reopen it, the shortcut reappears again, but after the irst use it is gone again.

Steps to reproduce the problem

1. Define a keyboard shortcut.
         Menu Title: Scripts…
         Keyboard Shortcut: ⇧⌘S
      2. Open FM12.
      3. Open a database.
      4. Press ⇧⌘S to open the Script Manager.
      5. Close the Script Manager.
      6. Press ⇧⌘S. The Script Manager will not open.

Expected result

No disappearing shortcut.

Actual result

Shortcut disappears after the first use.

Workaround

None

• 1. Re: FM12 - Mac keyboard shortcut definition vanishes after first use
          steveromig

AKegebein -

Thank you for your message.

I am a bit confused by this issue.  You state that you are defining a keyboard shortcut to access the Script Manager, but there is already one defined in FileMaker Pro to do that and it is the one you are defining - ⇧⌘S

Using the one build in to FileMaker Pro I was able to repeatedly open the Manage Scripts dialog box.

Let me know if I need additional information to reproduce this issue.

TSShark
          FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: FM12 - Mac keyboard shortcut definition vanishes after first use
            arnoldkegebein

After I restared my computer I could not repeat this strange behavior at first. But digging into this issue a little bit further I found this:

• There are no problems, when you create the file with FM12. You can open Script Manager with predefined keyboard shortcut.
            • If you convert a file from FM11, this strange behavior start to show again.
            • If you starting getting this problem and opens a file that was created in FM12, the problem still exists until you restart FileMaker.

You can download sample files here: www.kegebein.net/FM12/FM12_Shortcut_Bug.fp7 + www.kegebein.net/FM12/FM12_Shortcut_Bug.fmp12

Thank you for your help.

Arnold Kegebein