2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 27, 2012 12:57 PM by james_quiggins

FM12 containers BUG in a multi-platform environement.

ThomasStaehli

Summary

FM12 containers BUG in a multi-platform environement.

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

windows 7, OSX Lion

Description of the issue

I've been struggling with the new "enhanced" container in filemaker 12. I know it's a great feature and all, but for the moment, I'm not really happy with it.

I've been developing on windows using the new options of the "insert file" script step and I was  happy with it. When I display a container as interactive content I get a preview, and when I display a container as image, I get an icon with the file name.
      When open the solution on mac, displaying the container as interactive content still shows the content, that's alright. But displaying the container as image shows a distorted image of the first pdf page.

After some more testing, I realized that depending on how I insert the file, on which platform I insert it and on which platform I view it, I don't get the same result. This is really annoying on a multi-platform environnement.

Any ideas how to change this? I've tried to change the insert file options and insert as incon and filename, but then I can't use it as interactive content anymore.

(I've posted this on the technet as well: https://fmdev.filemaker.com/message/85154#85154)

Steps to reproduce the problem

on windows, use the insert file script step using file content and compress when possible in the options

Expected result

On mac when container is setup as image, show an icon with the pdf name.
      when the container is setup as interactive content, show the pdf content

Actual result

on mac, when the container is setup as image it shows a distorted image of the first pdf page

Workaround

none found yet

Screen_Shot_2012-06-13_at_11.02.24.png