Summary

FM12 Strange Login issue

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

windows 7, OSX Lion

Description of the issue

FM12 asks for the username and password of an external data-source without having any valid reason to do so.

I have an interface file and a data file, both files have the same users and passwords except for guest that is disabled in the data file. The interface file is setup to login automatically with guest and goes on a custom login layout.

The login layout is based on a parameter table that resides inside in the interface file. Both username and password fields are from that parameter table.

This issue is really annoying as I don't want the users to login with the filemaker login window.

You'll find a more specific description and 2 test files in this post:
https://fmdev.filemaker.com/message/79126#79126

Steps to reproduce the problem

No idea. It happened to me on 2 different solutions completely randomly. One solution was a converted one and the other a new one

Expected result

Filemaker opens the interface file, logs-in as guest and goes to the login layout without asking for the referenced file(s) username and password.

Actual result

Filemaker starts by asking the referenced file's username and password and then goes to the login screen

Configuration information

Macbook Pro 13"
2.7 GHz Intel Core i7
8GB 1333MHz DDR3
OSX Lion Version 10.7.3 / Windows 7

Workaround

I found 2 ways to make the problem disappear:
- Remove all the relationship and recreate everything (or to do it faster, duplicate every relationships, remove the originals, and adjust the layouts and scripts)
-clone the interface file and use the clone instead of the original

Outcomes