AnsweredAssumed Answered

FM9 and FM10 crash using Vista, Send Mail and Microsoft Mail

Question asked by h8stn4d on Jan 13, 2009
Latest reply on Jan 15, 2009 by TSGal

Summary

FM9 and FM10 crash using Vista, Send Mail and Microsoft Mail

Description of the issue

FileMaker Product(s) involved:FileMaker Pro 9.0v3, FileMaker 10Operating System(s) involved:Vista Home PremiumThis does not happen on my Win XP sp3 machines or any of my Macs running OS X 10.5.6 and earlier versions of FM (eg FM8).Detailed description of the issue:I have a brand new laptop (running Vista Home Premium) with virtually no software other than Filemaker 10 and the standard HP installation junk. I am using Microsoft Mail as my default email client.Whenever I try to execute a script to send mail (using the send mail command), Filemaker crashes immediately, giving the standard Vista “Filemaker has stopped working; do you want to send more information about the problem?” error This problem seems related to Microsoft Mail. When I temporarily had Outlook installed, the problem seemed to go away.Exact steps to reproduce the issue:1.  Create a database2.  Create a script using Send Mail with or without variables, with or without “perform without dialog” checked3. Perform the scriptExpected Result:An email dialog should appear with a mail message, according to the script run (or the mail should be sent without a preview, depending on option selected). Actual Result:Filemaker crashes and quits.Exact text of any error message(s) that appeared:“Filemaker has stopped working; do you want to send more information about the problem?” 

Outcomes