1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 3, 2009 1:33 PM by TSGal

FM9 not displaying database correctly.

joycedm1

Summary

FM9 not displaying database correctly.

Description of the issue

I have 8 machines with FM9. Of all, two (at least) are displaying the database incorrectly. There are radio buttons that should appear that dont and instead, replaced with black space. The same is true for text lines where information such as patient name, DOB, address etc. Instead of the usual dotted line, there's just a black space. For the radio buttons, if I click where they SHOULD be, it appears momentarily but goes away as fast as I click. For the text lines, I see no line or cursor, but if I click where it would be, data can still be entered. It's NOT the file. The same database opens up fine on most of the other machines. Any help is appreciated. Thanks. I meant to add, uninstalling didn't resolve the issue.

• 1. Re: FM9 not displaying database correctly.
          TSGal

joycedm1:

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately, it's difficult to determine a solution without seeing the file.  However, since the file is displaying properly on most of the machines, there is obviously something different on these two machines.

Are these machines running under Mac OS or Windows?  Or, is one one Mac OS and another on Windows?

What version(s) of the OS is running?

Is this database file being shared?  Or, does each person have their own local copy?

Any other information you can provide, even if you think it is irrelevant, may be helpful in narrowing down the possible causes.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.