FMGo changing device orientation does not update portal scrollbar

Product

FileMaker Go

Version

12.0v1

Operating system version

latest iOS

Description of the issue

I have a portal on an iPhone layout designed for iPhone. The portals actual scrollbar lies just off the right edge of the layout, so that what is visible on the layout to the user is the little inner scroll (that thin narrow grey vertical bar). I have done it this way to give it a nicer effect and the FM larger scrollbar is basically useless on FMGo anyway.  Anyways, so in the default portrait mode this is fine, the grey bar is at the top of the portal when I am at the top, and at the bottom of the portal (and thus the screen) when I am at the bottom of the list of records in the portal.

If I rotate the device to be landscape, then the grey bar does not reset itself for the new height of the layout based on my device orientation. So for example if I was 2/3 of the way down the portal records in portrait mode, and then switched it to landscape, the grey thin scrollbar is now not visible because it is down off the bottom of the screen somewhere.

Steps to reproduce the problem

Oops, well I pretty much explained all that above.  1. Portal on layout built for portrait orientation with scrollbar. 2. Then on iPhone switch it to landscape, the grey thin scrollbar has potential to disappear off bottom of screen because it has not reset based on new layout height.

Expected result

I expect it to adjust based on orientation so that when in landscape mode, the grey thin scrollbar will be at the bottom of the new bottom of the portal when I am, and so on.

Actual result

See above

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

No errors

Workaround

No workarounds found. It's not a critical issue given that I can still scroll the portal with no problems, it's just that I lose the visual indicator of where I am in the portal which was provided by the scrollbar.

• 1. Re: FMGo changing device orientation does not update portal scrollbar
          TSGal

Daniel Wood:

Thank you for your post.

When switching to Landscape in FileMaker Go, the layout objects that are currently displayed at the top of the display in Portrait, will display at the top of the display in Landscape.  If the field you are editing cannot be brought up to the top of the display (in your case, the portal), then you will have to scroll down the display in landscape until it is visible.  The scrollbar will not display when switching between landscpae and portrait but when you scroll to the field, the position should remain as it was when you had previously scrolled.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.