AnsweredAssumed Answered

FMP 10 "No Problems Found" file recover fixes faulty printer settings

Question asked by philmodjunk on Nov 3, 2009
Latest reply on Nov 3, 2009 by TSGal

Summary

FMP 10 "No Problems Found" file recover fixes faulty printer settings

Description of the issue

OS: Windows XP.FMP 10Advanced This has been observed twice on two different files: Both files persisted in retaining incorrect printer settings despite all efforts to use Print Setup... and Print to change them. I recovered the files.The recover process reported "No Problems Found."When I tested the recovered files, I found that the printer settings now affected database function as expected. More details on the two files in question: In one file, the issue was that the file always defaulted to the same printer even when it was not the default printer selected via OS settings.In the other file, a horizontal page break was placed on new layouts about 1 inch to the right of the layout's left edge--which ignored all efforts to change it by selecting page size/orientation settings in Print Setup.... Changing Printing options in Layout setup... did not affect this. I'd offer to send a sample file to you, but know longer have the first file and the second file belongs to a third party--he sent it to me to figure out why it was acting up. If you would like a copy of the second file, I'll contact him and ask permission to send you a clone of it.

Outcomes