1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 14, 2009 2:53 PM by TSGal

FMP 10's Show/Hide Status Area changes the size of the window. Terrible bug !

Vincent_L

Summary

FMP 10's Show/Hide Status Area changes the size of the window. Terrible bug !

Description of the issue

The Show/Hide status script steps actually changes the window whole dimensions of the window. So If you create a new window with a 400 pixel height and that you're currently with the status bar enabled, and then decide to Hide the status bar the new window will shrink to 400-106 pixels !Of course it didn't happened in FMP 9. So now you have to check your status bar status if you deal with windows. I even think that the issue is far more worse than that because maybe, I didn't do extensive tests of this, the height varies according to user choice (icons only, text  only, both). And so that would makes  imposible to predict the actual size of the window. What should I do with the hundred pop-pup windows I've in my solution ????  Please fix this bug asap, all my pop-up windows looks funky now. I think I'll tell my customers to wait till a fix comes out !  P.S : That's on the mac, 10.5.6. I would be surprised that the behaviour would be different on windows, but can't check.

• 1. Re: FMP 10's Show/Hide Status Area changes the size of the window. Terrible bug !
          TSGal

Glitchtracker:

Thank you for your post.

The Status Bar is attached to the Layout Bar, so the screen is reduced by the amount in the Status Bar, but the Status Bar AND Layout Bar are both removed, so the height is decreased additionally by the height of the Layout Bar.

This information has already been reported to our Development and Software Quality Assurance (Testing) departments so they are aware of this inconsistency.  No additional information is available at this time.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.