AnsweredAssumed Answered

FMP 11 - Quick Start Screen is a no-show -- option has no effect

Question asked by Leglaw on Apr 8, 2010
Latest reply on Dec 20, 2011 by TSGal

Summary

FMP 11 - Quick Start Screen is a no-show -- option has no effect

Description of the issue

Ok, I've used several versions, but I admit I'm pretty new to FileMaker. Besides, I like the new quick start screen much more than previous versions, and it doesn't work on my work computer, so I thought those were good reasons to file a bug report. FileMaker Product(s) involved: FileMaker Pro 11v1Operating System(s) involved:Mac OS X v 10.6.3Detailed description of the issue:Quick Start Screen does not show upon startup. Trashing com.filemaker.client.pro.plist and launching FM creates a new plist, but still QS screen does not show. Selecting option to show screen at launch populates the plist file with:     Preferences:ShowQuickStart     1.. but this also has no effect to show the screen.QS screen WILL show if and only if I manually select it by going to Help > Quick Start Screen.Exact steps to reproduce the issue: 1. Launch FileMaker Pro 11Expected Result:Quick Start Menu shows up on new install (new plist file) or with option selected to show screen at startup. Actual Result:QS screen does not show up regardless of setting. Exact text of any error message(s) that appeared:N/AAny additional configuration information/troubleshooting that is relevant to the issue:This is going to be difficult to reproduce... I installed FMP 11v1 on 5 computers already with no issue, and only one of those (mine) exhibits this behavior. All computers are macs, either 10.5.7 or 10.6.3 -- some Intel-based, some G5. All computers has prior installed versions of FileMaker Pro (8,9 or 10) except mine. FileMaker Pro 11 was a first-time installation of a FileMaker product on my computer. My computer is has 10.6.3 (Intel, of course)Any workarounds that you have found: None.

Outcomes