3 Replies Latest reply on May 24, 2010 12:52 PM by TSGal

FMP 11 and Bento 3.0.4

Summary

FMP 11 and Bento 3.0.4

Description of the issue

Hello, I downloaded FMP 11 trial version and I have Bento 3.0.4 installed, and registered (family pack) here are the bugs:When trying to get to open a Bento file from the splash menu in FMP 11I get "You must have Bento 2 (or a later supported version) installed on this computer." If Bento is opened, it is telling me to close it, OK I do and I get the same message more ackward is If FMP 11 is opened (running), then I cannot open Bento 3, as it says it is running I was to buy but with these issues, I just can't any suggestions ( I did rebuild permissions; using 10.6.3 on an Intel iMac esrly 2009)

• 1. Re: FMP 11 and Bento 3.0.4

Ok found the problem or part of...

Bento need to have its database in "user/library/applicationsupport/bento"

Since I use Drobox for my Bento database, FMP 11 creates a bento.bentodb in the "user/library/appli....."

which is not recognized as a Bento 2 or above

I thought using a symlink (symbolic link) coud resolve the problem, it does for that part but....

The other problem I found is:

if FMP 11 is open and you try to open Bento 3.0.4, then it tells you that Bento is already open or quit FMP11

I think this is all a little too buggy

suggestion: Bento let you decide which Database to use, so FMP should not look only in "user/library/applic..."

this is too restrictive

and there must be another problem because FMP 11 once opened, doesn't let you open Bento (same code I suppose for both, so Mac os X thinks it is the same program (maybe !!)

Anyway if you ever fix this please inform me

Thanks

• 2. Re: FMP 11 and Bento 3.0.4
            TSGal

Gilles9:

Thank you for your post.

At this time, Bento looks for the database file in a specific location.  FileMaker Pro uses this location to import a Bento Data Source.

I have forwarded your post to our Bento Development and Product Management departments so they can consider changing this for a future release.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 3. Re: FMP 11 and Bento 3.0.4
              TSGal

Gilles9:

Thank you for your post.

At this time, Bento looks for the database file in a specific location.  FileMaker Pro uses this location to import a Bento Data Source.

I have forwarded your post to our Bento Development and Product Management departments so they can consider changing this for a future release.

Bento and FileMaker Pro not share any code base.  I have both applications open at the same time.  However, FileMaker Pro will lock Bento if you were unsuccessful importing the Bento Data Source.  Therefore, quit FileMaker Pro (and relaunch FileMaker Pro if needed) so that Bento can then launch.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.