1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 20, 2016 11:26 AM by laudmusic

FMP 11 reports error: object or property in the wrong data type when copying an image into a cell

KarlBrowning

Summary

FMP 11 reports error: object or property in the wrong data type when copying an image into a cell

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

FMP 11 Advanced

Operating system version

OS X 10.7

Description of the issue

I'm attempting to set a FMP container cell with image data from iTunes within an AppleScript.  This used to work under v9 and OS X 10.6.  This is the first I have tried the script since upgrading both FMP (from 9 to 11) and OS X (from 10.6 to 10.7).  Now I receive the error FMP Advance got an error: Object or property is the wrong type.

There are earlier posts of a similar but different problem from v 9 to 10 that  seem to be resolved by the method of referencing an image file.

I am unable to make the mental transition from a file reference (as the other problems) to the movement of the actual data - which is what I am doing.  In other words, the image I am attempting to capture is not a stand alone file, rather the imbedded artwork from iTunes.

Thanks to the always helpful FM user community and support staff.

Steps to reproduce the problem

here is the script code snippets:
      set tCoverArt to ""  -- when no cover art present - script gets data error
      try -- this allows a null cover art
           set tCoverArt to (data of artwork 1) -- iTunes artwork container
      end try

if tCoverArt is not "" then
            set cell "VA_Album Cover" of current record to tCoverArt
      end if

Expected result

Previously, the data was updated in the FMP database and viewable as an image on the layouts that use that container field.

(VA_Album Cover is defined as a container field).  Note that code above this sets other fields of the database from iTunes data successfully so I am confident of the correct iTunes track record and the correct FMP record.

I also know that in this instance the image format is PNG (not all of the iTunes artwork is PNG - but this is the first record of any type since the upgrades.)

Actual result

Script Fails

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

FMP Advanced got an error: Object or property is the wrong type.