AnsweredAssumed Answered

FMP 11.0v4 on Mac OS Lion. When a close a window it may or may not (usually not) reopen to the same...

Question asked by DennisStults on Sep 26, 2011
Latest reply on Jan 5, 2012 by DennisStults

Summary

FMP 11.0v4 on Mac OS Lion. When a close a window it may or may not (usually not) reopen to the same size and configuration in which I left it.

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

11.0v4

Operating system version

Mac OS Lion

Description of the issue

I have several data bases which I designed. I set them to open to a certain size so I can see the entire form I have created and easily add data. Since upgrade to Lion - - and only under Lion - - when I close a window and or quit FMP, later to reopen it - the window resizes itself. Often it is smaller than my form so I have to again resize it to enter data, and sometimes it resized to larger size in which I see a bunch of "white space" around the right and or bottom sides.

This is new conduct under Lion. I have been using FMP in many versions over at least a decade and I don't recall this happening before.

The conduct is also not 100% consistent. There are times I open a data base window and find that it has, in fact, retained the size at which I previously set it. Go figure?
Can you please let me  know if there is something I can do so that each data base I open opens to the size in which I have left it?

Thank you for your help.

Steps to reproduce the problem

Use data base, close window and/or quit FMP.  Reopen window

Expected result

I expect it to open in the size I left it, that is to say, my entire form visible and no white space around it.

Actual result

May or may not open in a different size.

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

None

Workaround

Resize window virtually every time I open one.

Outcomes