FMP 12 Crashes on Windows w/ Pause Script + Cursor-in-Field Combo

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

FileMaker Pro Advanced 12.0v1

Operating system version

Windows 7 Professional, SP1, 32-bit

Description of the issue

Running a script that takes the user to a different layout, puts them into Find Mode and pauses the script crashes FileMaker. The crash happens when the Pause Script[ ] step executes. This only happens on Windows. Mac plays nice.

It also only happens if:

1. Your cursor is in a field prior to running the script.

AND

2. Your cursor ends up in a field on the destination layout prior to the Pause Script[ ] executing.

My gut says that this is an artifact of the conversion from 11 to 12. The solution where this is happening converted from 6 to 12 on the same day (aka converted from 6 to 11 and then 11 to 12). Who knows what kind of cruft is hanging about.

Interestingly enough, debugging the script step-by-step in Script Debugger does *not* crash FileMaker when the Pause Script[ ] step executes. Oh what fun we can have!

Steps to reproduce the problem

Can't reproduce it from scratch. I have a sample file that demonstrates the problem. You can get it here: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/68400485/Pause%20Script%20%2B%20Go%20To%20Field%20Crash.fmp12

I copied and pasted the layout objects and imported the script from the production system where the crashing is occurring. Remaking the layout objects from scratch in this new file doesn't reproduce the problem. Hence why I think this is a conversion issue.

When I remake the culpable fields in the production system where these fields & script come from, FileMaker still crashes. So I'm a bit dismayed. And confused. If a remake from scratch in a brand new file works fine, why wouldn't a remake of the fields in the production system? All this means is that there are crucial details I'm missing.

Expected result

No crashing

Actual result

Crashing

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

I'll refrain from posting the entire crash report here. Let me know if you need it.

Here's the summary error message:

"FileMaker Pro Advanced has stopped working.

Windows can check online for a solution to the problem."

Configuration information

Crashing also happens on Windows Server with this configuration:

Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard, SP1, 64-bit
      FileMaker Pro Advanced 12.0v1

Workaround

There are a lot:

1. Add a Commit[ ] step right before the Pause Script[ ] step. As long as the cursor is *not* in the culpable field when Pause Script[ ] is executed, all is fine.

OR

2. Add a Go to Field[ ] before Pause Script[ ] to a field that doesn't cause a crash. Not all fields do this.

OR

3. Do *not* have your cursor in a field prior to running the Find script. Weirdly enough, even if your cursor ends up in the destination layout's culpable field before the Pause Script[ ], no crashing if the cursor wasn't in a field before running the find script.