Summary

FMP 12 crashes printing label layout

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

Windows 7 32 bit

Description of the issue

Hi! I'm new to FMP and trying to work out some bugs with the new system. When I try to print my label layout FMP crashes everytime. It doesn't matter what printer driver, printer, network or local...it crashes everytime. I have adjusted everything I can think of and tried different fonts. I have no idea what else can be causing this. I have tried on HP LaserJets and Konica Minolta copiers with proprietary and PCL5 and PCL6 drivers. The save to pdf function works though.

EDIT: I uploaded a screenshot of the layout.

Steps to reproduce the problem

Click print

Expected result

Print

Actual result

Crash

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

Program not responding

Capture.PNG

• 1. Re: FMP 12 crashes printing label layout
          philmodjunk

Have you created a small simple test file and tried printing from it? if it prints without crashing, you may have an issue with your file or the layout. You can try creating a brand new (don't copy anything from the problem layout) layout for your labels and see if it works. You can also recover the file and see if you can print successfully from the recovered copy.

Things to keep in mind about Recover:

While Recover almost always detects and fully corrects any problems with your file...

1. The recovered copy may behave differently even if recover reports "no problems found".
          2. Recover does not detect all problems
          3. Recover doesn't always fix all problems correctly
          4. Best Practice is to never put a recovered copy back into regular use or development. Instead, replace the damaged file with an undamaged back up copy if this is at all possible. You may have to save a clone of the back up copy and import all data from your recovered copy to get a working copy with the most up to date information possible.
          • 2. Re: FMP 12 crashes printing label layout
            james_quiggins

Hello Cody Baird:

Thank you for posting.

If you are able to replicate this same behavior in a new sample file. Please provide me with the printer make and model. Also, the excact driver thats being used at the time of the crash.

TSwildcat,

FileMaker Inc.