Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

12v2

Operating system version

Windows Server 2008

Description of the issue

Hi

I'm trying to install FileMaker Pro 12 on a Windows Server 2008 machine, to run as a Terminal Services app.

We had FileMaker Pro 11 working fine on this machine, but there seems to be a problem with the installer for FMP12- I get the attached error on trying to run the installer.

Extract from the tech spec. page at the end of this post - looks as if it is supported on this platform - help please!

Thanks

Marcus

http://www.filemaker.co.uk/products/filemaker-pro/pro-12-specifications.html

Microsoft Windows Server 2003 or Windows Server 2008 Terminal Services
      (FileMaker Pro 12 only)

The clients listed below are supported by FileMaker, Inc. at this time. Other clients may work as expected but they have not been tested for use with FileMaker Pro and are not currently supported.

Windows: Terminal Services Client (Remote Desktop Connection) version 6.1.7601 (Windows 7) running in Internet Explorer version 9; version 6.0.6001 (Windows XP) or version 6.0.6002 (Windows Vista) running in Internet Explorer version 9
      Mac OS: Remote Desktop Connection for Mac 2.0

CRC_Failed.png

• 1. Re: FMP 12 Install Fails on Windows Server 2008
          marcus.holmes@mac.com

OK, redid the download and the installer ran fine.

BUT looks like Windows Server 2008 is not supported as it won't complete the install - but my original extract from the System Requirements implies that it should allow install on that platform.

Input / clarification please from someone at FMI. We upgraded to 12 specifically to run on this platform as a TS client - as we were doing with FMP 11 on the same machine.

The server is Windows Server 2008 Standard Edition, SP1, 64-bit.

Thanks.

• 2. Re: FMP 12 Install Fails on Windows Server 2008
            marcus.holmes@mac.com

OK, now answered for any other poor saps who may want an answer to this too:

FMS 12 only works on Windows Server 2008 SP2.

Server was running SP1. SP2 is available as a download but for some reason wasn't automatically downloaded by system updater. I manually downloaded SP2, installed it and FMS 12 then installed fine.

Good luck!