4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 14, 2013 1:10 PM by philmodjunk

FMP 12 runtime solution may crash if plugin is saved both in local and Application Support folder

MogensBrun_1

Summary

FMP 12 runtime solution may crash if plugin is saved both in local and Application Support folder

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

OSX 10.8.2

Description of the issue

If a FMP 12 runtime solution uses a plugin, the solution might crash during initialization or when first call to the plugin happens - if the plugin is saved both in the solutions local Extensions folder and in ~/Library/Application Support/FileMaker/Extensions folder. The solution will work fine, if the plugin is saved in either one or the other Extensions folder.

Not all plugins will cause trouble if placed in both Extension folders. Troi_File.fmplugin 6.1.1 seems to work placed in both folders. While Troi_Dialog.fmplugin 5.5.6 and Mailit.fmplugin (Dacons LLP Mailit v5.0.3b73) will cause a crash.

Troi just delivered a new version of Troi_Dialog.fmplugin 5.5.7 which according to descriptions might work in a runtime.

I can't tell if the problem is in FileMaker runtime solutions or in the respective plugins. But I can tell there is a problem.

Steps to reproduce the problem

Call a plugin like Troi_Dialog.fmplugin 5.5.6 and Mailit.fmplugin (Dacons LLP Mailit v5.0.3b73) from a runtime solution and place the plugin both in local Extensions folder and in ~/Library/Application Support/FileMaker/Extensions folder. At least when an instruction calling the plugin is executed, the runtime solution will crash.

I have a small runtime solution demonstrating the problem (72 MB zipped). Ask if interested.

Workaround

Remove the plugin form either the local Extensions folder or from ~/Library/Application Support/FileMaker/Extensions folder.