FMP 12 Scripts Jumping ARound

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

FMP 12

Operating system version

Windows 7 Pro

Description of the issue

Scripts seem to be locked to a specific location and if moved will revert back to that location.

Steps to reproduce the problem

Simply convert FMPA11 db over using FMP12.

Actual result

View here: http://screencast.com/t/ecerh1l1Y

Configuration information

This was a DB created in FMA11 and conversion done via FMP 12 full version as well as a trial version (both produced the same results shown in the video).

Thought is may be the machine, so we took a brand new out of the box Core i5 machine with more ram than FM would ever need and did a clean install with FMP 12 as the only application...the results were the same.

We tried to rename the scrips (thinking the naming convention was bad) so, we renamed the script to qwerty but the results were the same.

We tried to create a new folder with a brand new script...that newly created scrip would react in the same manner.

We remove all plugins from FMP11 (only had the ones that come with FMP as I do not use plugins for anything) before the conversion then in FMP 12 and still got the jumping scripts.

Workaround

None

• 1. Re: FMP 12 Scripts Jumping ARound
          rmanook

Hi Jim Haney,

Thanks for submitting your post and for your info/video.

I haven't been able to reproduce the issue using newly created FileMaker Pro 11 files and older files I had at my disposal.  in my converted files, the scripts will always remain where I place them in the list.

Maybe further background information might help us out.  Does this behavior happen with all of your converted files?  Or, instead of a new script in the 'problem' file can you recreate the issue in a sample file?  If FileMaker 12 Recovery is run on the file, are any changes made to the database?

Thanks,
          tsturtle
          FileMaker, Inc.