Summary

FMP 12.0v3 Extremely Slow to Launch

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

12.0v3

Operating system version

Description of the issue

FileMaker Advanced take way too long to launch post the 12.0v3 update.  When it launches I are an hourglass then the spinning rainbow wheel. Definitely close to a minute to launch the application.

Thanks.

Michael

Steps to reproduce the problem

Launching the application

Expected result

Fast boot as FM11

Actual result

Slow launch hourglass spinning rainbow wheel.

• 1. Re: FMP 12.0v3 Extremely Slow to Launch
          Steve Wright

Hi Michael, 

Just thought I would chime in and say I am not noticing any loading problems with 12v3 on either OSX 10.8.2 or Windows 7.
               Both are consistent with 11, at around 5 seconds to the menu and 11 seconds to fully open the same (but converted) solution files.

Did you perform an update?  Perhaps it may be worth trying a clean re-install and patching again, unless you are able to download a 12v3 install
               Ive not had to do so for a long time, but iirc you could download the trial and activate, thus getting a pre-patched install.

Of course it could be related to something else, but thought I would share my loading times.

• 2. Re: FMP 12.0v3 Extremely Slow to Launch

Michael Lau:

Thank you for the post.

SWS's suggestion of an uninstall and reinstall is a good one. My load times seem consistent with FileMaker Pro 11.

Are you launching the program from the dock, application's folder, or by double-clicking an existing .fmp12 file?

Do any other programs seem to be launching slower?

If FileMaker is not the only slow to launch application, some good steps would be to restart the computer, repair disk permissions, and try a safe boot.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, otherwise we can discuss next steps.

TSFalcon
                 FileMaker, Inc.