Summary

FMP 13 Crashes

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

Mac 10.8.5

Description of the issue

I just upgraded to FMP 13 and FMP crashes when I make changes in a layout.

Steps to reproduce the problem

Tried several times.

Expected result

Program should not crash.

Actual result

FMP 13 crashes

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

Filemaker has stopped working and this will be reported to Apple.

• 1. Re: FMP 13 Crashes
          Benjamin Fehr

Are you using any PlugIn's?

If though, I'ld recommend to check developers site about compatibility with current FM version.

PlugIn's have been causing crashes in past already.

• 2. Re: FMP 13 Crashes
            philmodjunk

Also, create a brand new file and make the same kind of layout changes. Do you get a crash? Your original file might be damaged--either the damage could cause a crash or the crashes may have damaged your file.

Things to keep in mind about Recover:

While Recover almost always detects and fully corrects any problems with your file...

1.           The recovered copy may behave differently even if recover reports "no problems found".
            3.           Recover does not detect all problems
            5.           Recover doesn't always fix all problems correctly
            7.           Best Practice is to never put a recovered copy back into regular use or development. Instead, replace the damaged file with an undamaged back up copy if this is at all possible. You may have to save a clone of the back up copy and import all data from your recovered copy to get a working copy with the most up to date information possible.

And here's a knowledgebase article that you may find useful: What to do when your file is corrupt (KB5421).

• 3. Re: FMP 13 Crashes
              vinopat

Benjamin and Phil,

Thanks for your help. I was not using Plug-Ins. I was creating a new database and the crash occurred when I changed the color of a layout. I deleted the file and will start over. I'll let you know if the problem recurs.

Pat

• 4. Re: FMP 13 Crashes
                vinopat

I deleted the file causing the problem and started over. I have created and modified several layouts without problems so it must have been a corrupt file.