AnsweredAssumed Answered

FMP 13 Mac - extremely slow Insert File with FMS 13

Question asked by tntneo on Jan 14, 2014
Latest reply on Jan 14, 2014 by Fred(CH)

Summary

FMP 13 Mac - extremely slow Insert File with FMS 13

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

Mac 10.8.5

Description of the issue

I upgraded from FM12 Server to FM13 Server.

Insert File is extremely slow. Even a very small file of 3K will take forever (1mn before anything happens). This was not the case with FM12..

Environment : FM Server 13 hosted (insert file remote) using external storage secure.

-

After further testing I can demonstrate on the same machine that FMP 13 Windows has no problem. But FMP 13 Mac shows the beach ball for one minute, and then does the upload (takes 2 seconds then). I use Parallels to run windows on that mac for testing.

So it seems really a bug with FMP 13 Mac. If it happens to only a few people, it could be something with my configuration. But I doubt it: Mac OSX 10.8.x, SSD, 8GB ram.

anyone with the same issue on Mac?

Steps to reproduce the problem

- FMS 13 running on remote machine (WAN preferably)
- FMP Mac : table with container field (again, hosted on FMS 13)
- FMS 13 container is external storage secure
- Insert File in container

Expected result

- Dialog to insert should appear quickly and upload

Actual result

- Software freezes for 1 mn at least (regardless of size of file - tried with 10KB or 2MB)
- Beach ball
- Then after this lock, eventually progress bar appears for 2 seconds, file is uploaded.

IMPORTANT
same machine, same server, same internet connection : under FMP 13 windows, there is a small wait before the progress bar, but this lasts 15 seconds then the 180KB file is uploaded quickly.
on mac, the wait is 60-90 seconds easily with complete unresponsiveness

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

no error message. just beach ball

Configuration information

Mac OSX 10.8.5
SSD
8GB ram

Workaround

none

Outcomes