FMP 13.0v4 Advanced can't remember stored login info

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

13.0v4 Advanced

Operating system version

OS X 10.10.1 Yosemite

Description of the issue

All of our databases require a login to open them. After upgrading to version 13.0v4 of FMP and FMPA, I now have to re-enter the Account Name and Password every time I open a database in FMPA - even after "Remember this password in my keychain" was checked on the last login.

FMP still works the same as before - opening any database automatically remembers the login parameters and the database opens without any further action being required.

Steps to reproduce the problem

Open a database in FMPA.

Expected result

Login information stored in keychain is accessed and the database opens automatically.

Actual result

"Open <>" dialog box appears, waiting for Account Name and Password to be entered.

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

n/a

Configuration information

None. It worked fine in FMPA before the upgrade and it still works fine in FMP after the upgrade - but not in FMPA after the upgrade.

Workaround

None. Have to login every time.

• 1. Re: FMP 13.0v4 Advanced can't remember stored login info
          TSGal

steveald:

Thank you for your post.

Generally, when the password doesn't store in the keychain, then the keychain is corrupt.  However, if the file can be opened in FileMaker Pro but not FileMaker Pro Advanced, something else is affecting the keychain.  If you have any plug-ins installed, temporarily disable them in FileMaker Pro Advanced and try again.

In case the keychain is corrupt, go to your user Library, open the Keychains folder, and move the folder that contains a 36 alphanumeric name to the trash, and then immediately restart your Mac.  The Mac will then create a new folder in the Keychains folder to replace the one that was just deleted.  It will have a different 36 alphanumeric character name, and it will have new keychain databases inside.

Keep me updated with any progress.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: FMP 13.0v4 Advanced can't remember stored login info
            RickWhitelaw

Have you restarted the machine since installing the latest update? I had the same problem and restarting the client machine solved the problem.

• 3. Re: FMP 13.0v4 Advanced can't remember stored login info
              Mantic

The same thing has happened to me. Yesterday, databases I was working with were opening automatically via Keychain. This morning I updated to FM Advanced 13.0v4 and none of the files are opening automatically (ie I have to provide the account / pword details). It would seem that it is unlikely that this is a corrupted Keychain issue as a restart resolved the issue (as per Rick's suggestion).

• 4. Re: FMP 13.0v4 Advanced can't remember stored login info
                steveald

Well, so much for my advanced troubleshooting skills! Rick, you nailed it on the head. A simple restart appears to have fixed the problem. And I agree with you, Jonathan. TSGal, thank you for your suggestions. But I have no plugins and I don't believe a corrupt keychain would be the issue when it still works for all other applications - including FMP.