1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 17, 2009 8:13 AM by TSGal

FMP 9

MaslinDigital

Summary

FMP 9

Description of the issue

Today out of nowhere when I tried to open FileMaker Pro 9 it triggered some activation routine for which it could not receive a response from the web (yes, I am running a properly registered copy of the program with a fully functional internet connection).  When the program decided to give up trying, it gave me the following error message: "A general activation error has occurred (50040)" and then exited the program without ever having fully opened it. Please note that I properly registered my product and have been running it without incident on my mac at work for nearly a year.  Any idea what this is about?  A prompt response would be appreciated since I have work to do on my database today!

• 1. Re: FMP 9
          TSGal

MaslinDigital:

Thank you for your post.

Due to changes on your computer, your activation must be repaired.  The error (General Activation 50040) is displayed when you have reached the maximum number of allocated repairs.  It is strongly advised that you deactivate your existing software by selecting "Help -> Deactivate" prior to making changes to your computer.

If you are in North America, please contact our Customer Assistance department at toll-free 800-325-2747.  If outside of North America, please go to our web site (www.filemaker.com), select the country in the upper right pop-up and contact the office nearest you.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.