AnsweredAssumed Answered

FMP 9 stopped working. Won't open after reinstall

Question asked by catocop on Mar 10, 2009
Latest reply on Mar 13, 2009 by TSGal

Summary

FMP 9 stopped working. Won't open after reinstall

Description of the issue

FileMaker Product(s) involved:  FMP advanced, 9.0.3, then 9.0.1 Operating System(s) involved Mac OS 10.5.6 Detailed description of the issue: I had FMP Adv 9.0.3 installed, but one day I noticed it wasn't working. I think this was after I upgraded from 10.5.5 to 10.5.6. Hard to say, since I don't use Filemaker every day.Exact steps to reproduce the issue: no matter what I try it stays broken.Expected Result: filemaker would open and I could use itActual Result Icon bounces in dock about 30 times. Then there is a Problem Report box that opensExact text of any error message(s) that appeared  Process:         FileMaker Pro [287]Path:            /Applications/FileMaker Pro 9 Advanced/FileMaker Pro Advanced.app/Contents/MacOS/FileMaker ProIdentifier:      com.filemaker.pro.advancedVersion:         ??? (???)Code Type:       PPC (Native)Parent Process:  launchd [91] Date/Time:       2008-09-01 17:10:23.449 -0400OS Version:      Mac OS X 10.5.6 (9G55)Report Version:  6 Exception Type:  EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000001, 0x000000008fe0105cCrashed Thread:  0 Dyld Error Message:  Symbol not found: __ZNSt15basic_streambufIcSt11char_traitsIcEE5imbueERKSt6locale  Referenced from: /Applications/FileMaker Pro 9 Advanced/FileMaker Pro Advanced.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/Support.framework/Versions/A/Support  Expected in: /usr/lib/libstdc++.6.dylib Any additional configuration information/troubleshooting that is relevant to the issue: I've read the suggestion posted here to unintall, delete .data file in FLEXnet folder, empty trash, reset clock and reboot, then reinstall. I tried that but it didn't work. Icon still bounces. I downloaded and installed trial version of 10. That icon bounces too, but never opens. I tried upgrading to 9.0.3 but that just bounces too. Any workarounds that you have found: none.

Outcomes