7 Replies Latest reply on Jul 14, 2009 2:45 PM by TSGal

FMP10 A Error adding records to db on sparse bundle disk image - not enough room on disk

alibabas10

Summary

FMP10 A Error adding records to db on sparse bundle disk image - not enough room on disk

Description of the issue

Hello, FMP10Adv 10.0.v1Mac OS X 10.5.6MacBook Pro I just upgraded from FMP9Adv. I have a database stored on a sparse bundle disk image, and when I mount this image and try to add a record (or even a single character to an existing record), I get the message: "There is not enough room on the disk to complete this operation. Make more room on the disk then try again" In FMP9Adv this never happened, I was able to add records to the database located on the mounted image. I ran Disk Utility on the image, it shows no problems, and indicates free space of 21MB out of 40MB. I saved a compacted copy to the disk image (worked fine), and tried to add a record to this new file, same error message. The reason I want the database to be stored in a disk image rather than on my home disk is that I want the additional password protection which a disk image affords.  Workaround: Copying the file from the image to the desktop, make changes to that file, then move it back to the disk image. This involves extra steps for the user. ThanksA.