1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 4, 2009 11:41 AM by TSGal

FMP10 Adv - Graphic formatting bug

user16803

Summary

FMP10 Adv - Graphic formatting bug

Description of the issue

FileMaker Product(s) involved:FileMaker Pro Advanced 10.0v1 Operating System(s) involved:Mac 10.5.6 Detailed description of the issue:When using a container field and choosing the Graphic Format layout option "Reduce or Enlarge" or "Enlarge" while also maintaining proportions and importing a graphic, I sometimes get unwanted clipping (or cropping) of my graphic. Exact steps to reproduce the issue:1.  Create a database2.  Create container field 3.  Edit Layout 4.  Set Graphic format to "Reduce or Enlarge" 5.  Drag a graphic file to the container Expected Result:The graphic should grow to as large a size as possible to fill the container while also maintaining its proportions. Actual Result:Sometimes the graphic center is not calculated properly and the top end is cut off. Exact text of any error message(s) that appeared:N/AAny additional configuration information/troubleshooting that is relevant to the issue:Tried deleting the graphic and importing. Tried changing the formatting options and resetting them. No change.  Any workarounds that you have found:None. I just don't use the enlarge option which unfortunately means that some of my graphics end up too small to read. 

• 1. Re: FMP10 Adv - Graphic formatting bug
          TSGal

Pan:

Thank you for your post.  Unfortunately, I cannot duplicate the problem (iMac, 10.5.6, Advanced 10), and I know that doesn't help you.  I definitely want to duplicate the problem, so let me ask some additional questions.

1. Was this file originally created in FileMaker Pro 10 or a previous version?

2. What type of image is the graphic?  That is, JPG? TIF? PNG?...

3. What is the source of the graphic?  That is, what application created the graphic (Photoshop?).

4. Was the object rotated?

Anything else you can provide would be appreciative, and it may direct me to possible causes.  

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.