4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 8, 2009 7:45 AM by TSGal

FMP10 bug with OSX Spaces

jmfeeney

Summary

FMP10 bug with OSX Spaces

Description of the issue

Clicking the FileMaker Pro icon in the dock will make FileMaker the active application, but it will not (reliably) switch to a Space that has an open FileMaker window. It usually requires a series of clicks to get FileMaker to switch Spaces, although occasionally it will switch on one click. I've tried clicking fast and slow and clicking in patterns. Let's just say its behavior with Spaces is completely erratic, and move on! This needs to be fixed.

• 1. Re: FMP10 bug with OSX Spaces
          TSGal

jmf35:

Thank you for your post.  Unfortunately, I cannot reproduce this problem.  Can you tell me what other applications you have running?  I've been switching between FileMaker, Address Book, Safari, Apple Mail, AIM, QuickTime and iCal.  Each time, it works fine, and I must have tried 50 times.

I am running Mac OS 10.5.5.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: FMP10 bug with OSX Spaces
            jmfeeney
               It took me a while to figure out exactly what was going on with OSX and Spaces. It turns out that when FileMaker enters Layout Mode, the window won't respond when switching Spaces! The other modes behave properly.
            • 3. Re: FMP10 bug with OSX Spaces
              TSGal

jmf35:

Got it!  I can definitely duplicate the problem.

Thanks for doing a little more sleuthing.  In FileMaker Pro 10, I can't even get it to switch over!  I have forwarded the information to our Development and Software Quality Assurance (Testing) departments so they are aware of this issue.  The only workaround at this time is to manually switch to that space (command-arrow keys or however you have it set up).

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 4. Re: FMP10 bug with OSX Spaces
                TSGal

jmf35:

Strange... as soon as I sent your message, I clicked on FileMaker Pro 10 icon, and it switched me over to the file in Layout mode.  Murphy's Law....  :-)

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.