1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 15, 2009 3:18 PM by TSGal

FMP10 resizing layout parts issue

jmfeeney

Summary

FMP10 resizing layout parts issue

Description of the issue

FileMaker Products Tested: FileMaker Pro 10 AdvancedOperating Systems Tested: Windows XP SP2 ; Mac OS X 10.5.6 Detailed Issue Description:The behavior of layout part resizing has changed comparative to FileMaker Pro 9. Clicking on the black bottom edge of the part will show a dotted line below the black line in FMP10, whereas in FMP9 the black line itself turned black. I use precise layout sizes, so I'm accustomed to clicking on the black line with the very tip of the cursor, so that the dotted part line and the dotted cursor position on the graphic rulers are in line. Now in FMP10 I have to click one pixel below the black line. A trivial issue really, but I think FMP9 handled this the best out of 7/8/8.5/10. That behavior aside, I've also found that it is now longer possible to drag the layout part up so that the black line overlaps the bottom pixel of the lowest object on the layout. To get the layout part to move up that final pixel now requires using the Object Info palette to fine-tune the part size, which was wholly unnecessary in FMP9. This particularly annoying when creating tightly spaced List Views. Furthermore, when dragging the dotted layout part line more than a half inch above the bottom edge of the lowest layout object, the dotted line would disappear in FMP9. Now there is no feedback to indicate that the releasing the mouse button won't resize the layout, when the cursor has moved beyond the "resize zone." Additional Information:I have not gotten to tested these behavior changes uniformly on Windows and Mac for both FMP9A and FMP10A. Some of these may be platform inconsistencies and some may be version inconsistencies. Regardless, I prefer the behaviors of FMP9A here. It's really a marvel that all these little changes occur with each new version.