1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 15, 2009 2:01 PM by TSGal

FMP10 text baselines overlap some text

jmfeeney

Summary

FMP10 text baselines overlap some text

Description of the issue

FileMaker Products Tested: FileMaker Pro 10 AdvancedOperating Systems Tested: Windows XP SP2Detailed Issue Description:When the "text baselines" are shown they overlap some lines of text in a large text field, making it difficult to read. The following text lines have the baseline overlapping the bottom pixel of text (note the pattern):Lines 2, 5, 8, 11, 14, 15, 17, 18, 20, 21, 23, 24 Exact Steps To Reproduce Issue:I have a text field with the following settings:Field Size: 12" x 6.5"Line: 1pt ; grey ; vertical strip pattern (narrowest)Fill: white ; solid ; engravedField Borders: top ; left ; bottom ; right ; text baselinesControl Style: edit box w/ vertical scroll barFont: Arial ; 13 pt ; black ; plainText Align: left ; topText Indent: 0.03" left ; 0.03" rightLine Spacing: 1.23" heightAutoresize: top ; left ; bottom Workarounds:After additional testing, I found that this bug appears when using certain Cutom Line Spacing increments. Changing the Line Spacing to 1.25" or 1.0" or 1.5" results in proper text baseline appearance. Using quarter inch increments seem to work, while eighth inch increments like 1.13" or anything in between apparently don't work. I don't think this was an issue in FileMaker 9, but I no longer have it installed to verify this.