1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 10, 2009 2:30 PM by philmodjunk

FMP10.0.2.201 shuts down after script trigger

david583

Summary

FMP10.0.2.201 shuts down after script trigger

Description of the issue

FM 10 v2, six licencesWindows XPNEC Versa M380 I have a field (part_edit) that runs a script trigger on exit. The script runs well and sets other field values in different tables.However, if this field is selected but left blank, exiting causes the FM file to shut down. If a value is in this field, it does not happen. I have tried an IF function to trap it i.e. if[isEmpty(job_card::part_edit) goto field **** but this does not work. The script If[ Isempty(JOB_CARD::part_qty) or (JOB_CARD::part_qty=0) or (JOB_CARD::part_qty=" ")Show custom Dialog [Title: "repair Number"; Message:"You must enter a quantity for the parts used. Enter a number into the quantity field, then reselect parts description.";Buttons: "OK" ]End IfIf [ IsValid (JOB_CARD::part_edit)]Set Field [JOB_CARD::part_number;JOB_CARD::part_edit]End IfIf [IsValid(JOB_CARD::part_number) ]  Insert Calculated Result [ JOB_CARD::part_description; Case(JOB_CARD::part_number=PARTS_INVENTORY::part_number; PARTS_INVENTORY::description)] [Select]  Insert Calculated Result [ JOB_CARD::part_description; Case(JOB_CARD::part_number=PARTS_INVENTORY::part_number; PARTS_INVENTORY::cost)] [Select]End Ifand more... but the problem is at the start here.

• 1. Re: FMP10.0.2.201 shuts down after script trigger
          philmodjunk

You might want to try re-indexing the field or testing a recovered copy of your file. There's at least a chance that your file is damaged. If you recover the file and the recovered copy works correctly, replace your file with an undamaged back up copy.

PS. You can kill off all those pesky emoticons by inserting a space after the second colon. You can even fix your message after you post it by selecting Edit from the options menu (just above the Kudo control on the right.) :smileywink: