AnsweredAssumed Answered

FMP10A Excel Import Problems

Question asked by aammondd on May 7, 2010
Latest reply on May 10, 2010 by aammondd

Summary

FMP10A Excel Import Problems

Description of the issue

Im having 2 issues that I do not understand. We have a template Excel where the import sheets are protected from user input. The file name changes but the import order stays the same and is specified in the script. 1 We have an Import Script that performs without dialog to load the records.  We don't want it to import the first row as those are set to the fieldnames. I have performed the script once with the dialog and am able to set this feature then change the script to perform without dialog and this seems to make it perform correctly however when another user performs the same script they get the header row imported. I dont know where the issue stems from it seems to be a cache issue on the client maybe. The second issue also has  to do with  the import  in that when selecting the sheet to import occasionally it will state that no fields were selected to import. The only occurs when the script runs without dialog because when I set it to run with the dialog its fine. In fact once I switch it back to no dialog it seems to work fine again. The on again off again nature of this is a bit frustrating. Is there a solution to this This is a FMP10 Advanced Client and the database is served on FMP11 Server. The database was recently moved to the new server I dont know if that is related too.  

Outcomes