4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 13, 2009 4:48 PM by RowlandCarson

fmp10a only shows 1st page in preview (sometimes)

RowlandCarson

Summary

fmp10a only shows 1st page in preview (sometimes)

Description of the issue

I have found that in at least one of my existing files the preview mode no longer works correctly since I upgraded to FMP10A. The symptom is that only the first page can be accessed in preview mode, even though multiple pages will print (both to paper & PDF). The flip-book icon and the slider are greyed-out and inaccessible. The problem appears to affect only one particular file at present, but appears to affect all layouts of that file. I thought at first I must be doing something stupid or have overlooked some important setting, but I cannot find anything out of order. The same file can be opened in FMP9A and exhibits no abnormal symptoms; preview mode shows all pages. The file in which I have so far encountered the problem is one which was created under a previous version of FMP or FMPA, but the symptom does not appear in all such files. The affected file contains 3rd-party personal data and so I would need a promise that it would be securely destroyed after any forensic work was done on it, but given that assurance, I would be prepared to forward a copy of the file for examination on request. Naturally, if I am doing something to cause this behaviour, I'd be only too pleased to hear!  Mac PowerBook G4 1GHz, 1GB RAM, Mac OS 10.4.11FMP10A 10.0v1 regards Rowland

• 1. Re: fmp10a only shows 1st page in preview (sometimes)
          TSGal

RowlandCarson:

Thank you for your post.

I totally understand the issue of privacy with the file.  If you feel uncomfortable sending in the file, then please make a clone of the file.  That is, pull down the File menu and select "Save a Copy As..."   Under "Type", select "clone (no records) ".  This creates a copy of the file with no records, and I can then add my own sample data.

I have sent you a private message (top of this screen - right side - just under the blue bar - X Messages) with instructions where to send the file.

Since this is a public board, I have also edited your post and removed your email address.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: fmp10a only shows 1st page in preview (sometimes)
            TSGal

RowlandCarson:

I received your file, and I was able to reproduce the problem.  I'm not sure what is the problem, but I have forwarded the file to our Testing group for review.  They may not be able to do anything, so let me know if you don't have a viable backup.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 3. Re: fmp10a only shows 1st page in preview (sometimes)
              TSGal

RowlandCarson:

After working with the file a bit more, I discovered that you have a Custom Menu turned on.  If this is turned off (or switched to the standard settings), the Preview works properly.  I don't have time to determine what options are set different than the defaults, but this should get you pointed in the right direction.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: fmp10a only shows 1st page in preview (sometimes)
                RowlandCarson

OH! I'm sure I don't remember doing that, as the only person using it is me (and so, as developer, I shouldn't need any custom menus).

Very sorry to have troubled you with something that appears to have been my own fault, and thanks in haste (going offline over the weekend) for your prompt help.

regards

Rowland