FMP11 v3 crash on macbook air os 10.6.7

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

11 v3

Operating system version

MAC OS 10.6.7

Description of the issue

A lot of crash (FMP quits suddenly) on Macbook air that is not reproducible on iMac or Macbook Pro with same version and same OS version.
      No idea if it comes from the macbook Air or on my configuration which is MacBook Air 2,13 ghz, 4 gb mem 256 gb ssd with os 10.6.7

I have tired to do a maintenance on the startup volume, i have do all cleaning with Onyx and still teh same issue

Steps to reproduce the problem

in layout mode, try to go into button configuration on a button with a script, and the fmp quit.

Expected result

buttin configuration window expected to pop up and stay

Actual result

configuration window pop pup 3 seconds and fmp quits.

Configuration information

macbook air 2,13 ghz, 4 gb ram, 256 gb ssd, mac os 10.6.7
      version fmp11 v3 trial

Capture_d%E2%80%99e%CC%81cran_2011-05-20_a%CC%80_20.12.02.png

• 1. Re: FMP11 v3 crash on macbook air os 10.6.7

Bruno Zysman:

Thanks for posting!

Are you able to reproduce this crash in a brand new file?

Let's try removing the plist files for FileMaker Pro. Open finder and head to /Users/<your user>/Library/Preferences/. In this folder, find and delete any files that begin with com.filemaker. Then, launch FileMaker Pro and attempt to recreate this behavior.

TSBear
          FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: FMP11 v3 crash on macbook air os 10.6.7
            BrunoZysman
            Dear TSBear I have already gone through deleting the plist and all com.filemaker files in the prefs bt the problem is the same I have created a very simple database with 2 fields "name" and "first name" and i have inserted a button in the layout with a script assigning a value to a variable "a=1" When i want to edit the button by going to the button configuration from the contextual menu fmp quits. This is reproducible any time Bruno
            • 3. Re: FMP11 v3 crash on macbook air os 10.6.7

Bruno Zysman:

Is this the only scenario where it crashes? I think it might be helpful to get the crash logs. Please check your inbox at the top of this page for a message from me detailing where to send these.

TSBear
              FileMaker, Inc.