FMP12 exits a running script when a database window closes

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

12v3 (Advanced)

Operating system version

Mac OS 10.7.5

Description of the issue

When running a script in a related database, if that script closes a window, that script stops running, as though it was exited; things that are supposed to happen after the window closes do not happen.

Steps to reproduce the problem

Start with two databases, related to each other. DB1 has a script with just 2 steps. The first step runs a script in DB2, the second step beeps.

The script in DB2 also has just two scripts: Close window [current window] and Halt script.

In FMP9, if you run the script in DB1, there's no beep. In FMP12, if you run the script in DB2, there's a beep.

The problem is, in FMP12, when it executes the Close Window step, it just stops running the script in which Close Window was called, it never gets to what follows.

Now obviously, this isn't my real world example. It's just a demonstration of the problem, much easier to explain than reality. :) But in real life, it's a pretty serious problem.

(I made a pair of example DBs, I'm really surprised there's no wah to attach them. Seems to me it'd make reproducing the error pretty trivial. If there's some way to attach them that I've missed, or you want me to email them to you, let me know.)

Expected result

Closing a window should not exit a script.

NB it works correctly in FMP9.

Actual result

Closing a window exits a script.

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

None

Configuration information

None

Workaround

None. :(

Outcomes