FMP12 in OS X: Drop-down calendar appears in wrong Space

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

FMP 12.0v1

Operating system version

OS X 10.6.8

Description of the issue

FileMaker's drop-down calendar doesn't respect which "Space" I'm in; when using a space other than space #1, opening a drop-down calendar yanks me over to space #1, where the calendar appears.  Dismissing the calendar in any way then returns me to my intended space.

Expected result

The calendar should appear in my current space, where the document window is.

Configuration information

The yanking happens regardless of what setting I use for "When switching to an application..." in the Spaces pane of System Preferences.  It happens only with drop-down calendars; other control styles (drop-down lists and pop-up menus) behave themselves.

Workaround

Either avoid using drop-down calendars except in space #1, or brace yourself to avoid calendar-related whiplash.

• 1. Re: FMP12 in OS X: Drop-down calendar appears in wrong Space
          rmanook

Hi Dillik:

Thanks for submitting your post.

FileMaker has confirmed this issue which first appeared in FileMaker 11.

A little background on the issue: you will get kicked back to the space where a drop down calendar was first opened in the current FileMaker session (the app being opened/closed).  So, for example:

1.  Open the file in Space 2
          2.  Click on a field with a drop down calendar in Space 2
          3.  Move the file to Space 4
          4.  Click on the drop down calendar field
          5.  You will get directed back to Space 2
          6.  Close the file and the starting point will be refreshed

I know this is not ideal, but as a workaround open/work in the desired space to avoid switching back and forth between spaces for drop down calendars.

I'll go ahead and forward your issue to our Development and Testing team.

Thanks,
          tsturtle
          FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: FMP12 in OS X: Drop-down calendar appears in wrong Space
            stuart727

I've been having the same problem with FilemakerPro Advanced 12.0v3. I see that this issue was posted in this forum at least as far back as 2009, at which time the best answer was:

"After some testing, it appears that whereever FileMaker Pro is launched initially, this is the Space that the focus will switch to.

I have reported the problem along with this thread to our Development and Software Quality Assurance (Testing) departments so they can be made aware of this issue.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc." 

We're now at 4 years and counting. Anybody home in Development and Testing?