AnsweredAssumed Answered

FMPA 10 Bug Get(TriggerModifierKeys) not working on Windows for Alt or Control Modifier Keys

Question asked by smower on Jan 6, 2009
Latest reply on Jan 8, 2009 by smower

Summary

FMPA 10 Bug Get(TriggerModifierKeys) not working on Windows for Alt or Control Modifier Keys

Description of the issue

Windows XP Professional - FileMaker Pro Advanced 10 The Get(TriggerModifierKeys) is not working on Windows for Alt or Control Modifier Keys in combination with script triggers and scripts.  The Help file says "Returns the state of the keyboard modifier keys (for example, Control+Shift) as they were when a script trigger was activated." However, I can not get Control+Shift or Control+anything to trigger a script or the function.  I understand that control and option keys work on the Mac but Control and Alt are not working on Windows.  Shift and Caps lock are the only modifier keys I can get to work with the Get(TriggerModifierKeys)If you go to layout mode and set up a script trigger "OnLayoutKeystroke"Notice that Control+m does not workIf [Get(TriggerKeystroke)=“m” and Get(TriggerModifierKeys)=4]Show Custom Dialog [“Hello”]End IfNotice that Alt+m does not workIf [Get(TriggerKeystroke)=“m” and Get(TriggerModifierKeys)=8]Show Custom Dialog [“Hello”]End IfNotice that Shift+m does workIf [Get(TriggerKeystroke)=“m” and Get(TriggerModifierKeys)=1]Show Custom Dialog [“Hello”]End IfNotice that CapsLock+m does workIf [Get(TriggerKeystroke)=“m” and Get(TriggerModifierKeys)=2]Show Custom Dialog [“Hello”]End IfNotice that Control+Shift+m does not workIf [Get(TriggerKeystroke)=“m” and Get(TriggerModifierKeys)=5]Show Custom Dialog [“Hello”]End If

Outcomes