4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 8, 2009 8:48 AM by alibabas10

FMPA 10 can read from but not write to a database stored on a disk image

alibabas10

Summary

FMPA 10 can read from but not write to a database stored on a disk image

Description of the issue

Hello, (repost with clearer (?) message subject)  FMP10Adv 10.0.v1Mac OS X 10.5.6MacBook Pro I just upgraded from FMP9Adv. I have a database stored on a disk image, and when I mount this image and try to add a record (or even a single character to an existing record), I get the message: "There is not enough room on the disk to complete this operation. Make more room on the disk then try again" In FMP9Adv this never happened, I was able to add records to the database located on the mounted image. I ran Disk Utility on the image, it shows no problems, and indicates free space of 21MB out of 40MB. I saved a compacted copy to the disk image (worked fine), and tried to add a record to this new file, same error message. The reason I want the database to be stored in a disk image rather than on my home disk is that I want the additional password protection which a disk image affords.  Workaround: Copying the file from the image to the desktop, make changes to that file, then move it back to the disk image. But this involves extra steps for the user. ThanksA.