3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 24, 2009 3:01 PM by TSGal

FMPA 10 CE Mac printing issue with some fonts (Arial...)

wlado

Summary

FMPA 10 CE Mac printing issue with some fonts (Arial...)

Description of the issue

FileMaker Pro 10 Adv CE version (WinSoft) does not print more (for example 29) records with some fonts (for example Arial). Printing with previous FMPA 9 CE is OK and also with FMP 10 Int Trial. After print command starts printing job - on the print monitor is some activities in % - but in the end there is no result (no printed paper and no error message). If I print less records on the list (about 20) all records are printed. Also if I change the font Arial to Futura all records are printed. Mac OS X 10.5.6 (10.5.7), Printer Xerox Phaser 6120, MacBook Alu 

• 1. Re: FMPA 10 CE Mac printing issue with some fonts (Arial...)
          alza

I also have a similar problem with FM10 (not the advanced version), and I also bought it through winsoft. See my posts

alza 

• 2. Re: FMPA 10 CE Mac printing issue with some fonts (Arial...)
            wlado

Thank you for answer.

It seems the issue is the same with FMP 10 CE Mac (WinSoft) and with FMP 10 Advanced CE Mac (WinSoft) because they both use the same engine. You can try print your job with trial (int. version downloaded from filemaker.com) FMP 10 and there is no problem.

You are right with PDFs. List with 2 records is 160kB, list with 100 records is 7MB !!! It is too much for simple ASCII texts without a graphic.

I spent one day with finding solution. It seems that FMP 10 CE hate some kind of fonts. I need Arial (because Windows). I tryed Arial from MS Office 2008 (version 3.5) and last from MacOS 10.5 but it does not work. You can try another fonts (Futura) I hope you will be successfull.

I think the issue is on WinSoft and FileMaker must push them to solve it.

BTW: FileMaker (last versions 8, 9, 10) is very strange to fonts. You can choose in Preferences --> Fonts --> Central European only 5 fonts (no Arial). For common user very confusing and useless.

• 3. Re: FMPA 10 CE Mac printing issue with some fonts (Arial...)
              TSGal

All:

Thank you for your posts and information.  We will be contacting WinSoft to alert them about your posts.  In the mean time, just be aware of this issue until the issue is resolved.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.