5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 16, 2010 4:05 AM by elizas

FMPA 10:  Back/Forward pages in Preview Mode no longer works!

fmweetbicks

Summary

FMPA 10:  Back/Forward pages in Preview Mode no longer works!

Description of the issue

FileMaker Pro Advanced 10Macbook Core 2 Duo (Intel)OS X 10.5.7 Leopard It appears that the book icon to navigate to previous/next page(s) no longer works for me in my solution under 10.  The reason it would seem, relates to my use of custom menus on my print/preview layouts.   I use a custom menu where the Records menu item is removed (for various reasons).  Under FileMaker 9 this was a non-issue, and I could still navigate pages.  However under 10,  it would appear that in order for the book icon to work,  it requires the Records menu item to be in your current menu.  I'm guessing this is because it needs to know the user has access to "Go to Record Next/Previous" in order to work for pages? In any event,  this behaviour has changed from 9 to 10, and I'm wondering if this is a conscious decision, or a bug.

• 1. Re: FMPA 10:  Back/Forward pages in Preview Mode no longer works!
          deltatango

Do you mean the status bar?

If so, did you lock it?

I know when you lock it, you can't scroll through records. 

• 2. Re: FMPA 10:  Back/Forward pages in Preview Mode no longer works!
            fmweetbicks
               No, the status bar is not locked,  it is unlocked and visible,  however the book icon and page number are both greyed and locked from use.  Firing up the exact same solution in filemaker 9 works fine.   And when I change my custom menu from one without the Records item, to one with it (ie by going Tools -> Custom Menu -> Standard FileMaker Menu)  the page book & page number become activated again,  so this is definitely where the issue lies.
            • 3. Re: FMPA 10:  Back/Forward pages in Preview Mode no longer works!
              deltatango
                 Oh Wow. I don't have v10 so I can't see that. I haven't dared upgrade until it at least gets a few updates under its belt.
              • 4. Re: FMPA 10:  Back/Forward pages in Preview Mode no longer works!
                TSGal

All:

Development has reported back that this is the correct behavior.  A developer can restrict the user from changing records/requests/pages by removing the "Go To Record" sub menu.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 5. Re: FMPA 10:  Back/Forward pages in Preview Mode no longer works!
                  elizas

In Filemaker reporting the pages are not numbered out of total by default. For instance, if we want to print 1 of 4, 2 of 4 .... we need to follow the steps given below:

i) Create a global field in Global table.
                  ii) The script you are running for Printing to print a report.Set that global to null in starting.
                   iii) Then in the same above Print script after the step you will go for Enter Preview mode and before Perform Print step, do the below steps

e.g:

Enter Preview Mode[]
                  Print SetUp[Restore;No dialog]
                  Go to Record/Request/Page [last]
                  Set Field [DASH::gTotalPreviewPages;Get ( PageNumber )]
                  Go to Record/Request/Page [First]
                  Adjust Window [Resize to Fit]
                  Perform Print
                  iv) In print page design mode use below highlighted code in footer

Page: ## of  <<DASH::gTotalPreviewPages>>

In Filemaker reporting the pages are not numbered out of total by default. For instance, if we want to print 1 of 4, 2 of 4 .... we need to follow the steps given below: i) Create a global field in Global table.ii) The script you are running for Printing to print a report.Set that global to null in starting. iii) Then in the same above Print script after the step you will go for Enter Preview mode and before Perform Print step, do the below steps e.g: Enter Preview Mode[]Print SetUp[Restore;No dialog]Go to Record/Request/Page [last]Set Field [DASH::gTotalPreviewPages;Get ( PageNumber )]Go to Record/Request/Page [First]Adjust Window [Resize to Fit]Perform Print
                  iv) In print page design mode use below highlighted code in footer Page: ## of  <<DASH::gTotalPreviewPages>> 

Eliza