1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 24, 2009 1:27 PM by TSGal

FMPA 10:  Copy/Pasting a repeating field between files Issue

fmweetbicks

Summary

FMPA 10:  Copy/Pasting a repeating field between files Issue

Description of the issue

FileMaker Pro Advanced 10Macbook Core 2 Duo (Intel)OS X 10.5.7 Leopard ------- I have two database files each with a table of the same name, with fields of the same name (I basically copied the table into a second file).   One of the fields is repeating, with 10 or so repetitions.   I have this on a layout in the horizontal format.   If I copy this field object, and paste it into my other file,   the pasted object always changes to a vertical orientation.  The width of the object is the same width of all the horizontal repetitions originally.  And the height is the same also, though because all repetitions are in vertical alignment, it's totally wrong. It's not a terribly big issue because it is not hard to resize the object and change it to horizontal orientation,  but looks like a bug to me.  The field itself resolves correctly because both files have the same table occurrences, layouts names, field names and so forth,  it's just the repeating field orientation that breaks. 

• 1. Re: FMPA 10:  Copy/Pasting a repeating field between files Issue
          TSGal

Weetbicks:

Thank you for your post, and I apologize for the late reply.

I am working with FileMaker Pro Advanced 10 on my iMac with OS X 10.5.7.  I am unable to duplicate the problem.  This is what I have done:

1. I created a new database file, Test.fp7, with one text field, Name, with storage for 10 repetitions.  My layout shows the ten repetitions horizontally.

2. I created a second database file, Test1.fp7, with one text field, Name, with storage for 10 repetitions.  I removed field from the layout.

3. The table name for Test1.fp7 is named Test1.  I renamed it to Test.

4. I returned to Test.fp7, went to Layout mode, selected the repeating Name field and copied it to the clipboard.

5. I switched to Test1.fp7, went into Layout mode and pasted.  The Name field was pasted, with all ten repetitions, horizontally.

Please let me know what I have done differently than you, and I'll try to duplicate the problem.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.