1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 22, 2010 4:24 PM by TSGal

FMPA 11 Move or Resize Window Bug

BarryIsakson

Summary

FMPA 11 Move or Resize Window Bug

Description of the issue

FileMaker Product(s) involved:FileMaker Pro Advanced 11.0v1Operating System(s) involved:MacOS 10.6.2Does not appear to affect Windows XP sp3 in VMwareDetailed description of the issue:When moving a window using the Move/Resize Window script step, WITHOUT specifying a window width or height, the size of the window changes if the window is less than 144 pixels high or the window is less than 110 pixels wide. In addition, the window size cannot be set to less than 144 pixels high or 110 pixels wide using the Move/Resize Window script step. Exact steps to reproduce the issue:A sample file demonstrating the problem with instructions can be downloaded here:http://www.architectronica.com/download/fmp11/Move_Resize_Window_Bug.fp7.zip Expected Result:When moving a window WITHOUT specifying a window width or height, the window size should NOT change as stated in the Move/Resize Window Options window. In addition the window size CANNOT be set to less than 144 pixels high or 100 pixels wide as in versions prior to 11.0v1.Actual Result:When moving a window less than 144 pixels high or 100 pixels wide the window size changes for no apparent reason. When setting a window size less than 144 pixels high or 100 pixels wide the window size does not change. And, yes, there are good reasons to resize a window to less than these dimensions.Exact text of any error message(s) that appeared:NoneAny additional configuration information/troubleshooting that is relevant to the issue:A sample file demonstrating the problem can be downloaded here:http://www.architectronica.com/download/fmp11/ExtraMove_Resize_Window_Bug.fp7.zipAny workarounds that you have found:Resize to Fit will reduce the window size albeit with undesirable window movement.

• 1. Re: FMPA 11 Move or Resize Window Bug
          TSGal

surf2live:

Thank you for your post and taking the time to thoroughly documenting this issue.

I am also able to replicate the problem on Mac OS X 10.5.8 (Leopard).  I have forwarded your post, your sample file, along with my findings to our Development and Software Quality Assurance (Testing) departments for review and confirmation.  When more information becomes available, I will let you know.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.