FMPA14 crash on paste

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Advanced 14

Operating system version

Windows 8.1

Description of the issue

Copy and Paste functions not working in specify calculation type dialog boxes (both with right-click context menu as well as Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V). In some instance, FileMaker Pro Advanced will crash upon attempting to issuing a paste command with Ctrl+V. The crashes so far have happened in Set Variable Options and Edit Custom Function Dialogs. Running Windows 8.1 with 2.30 GHz AMD A-10 processor and 6GB RAM. Also occurred on another machine with Win 8.1 with 8GB RAM and a better processor though I don't recall the make/model.

Copy/paste works in other locations, such as within a text field, or in copy/pasting an object in layout mode.

I have a crash report. I see a place to upload an image, but  not this report. Will gladly upload if given instructions on how to properly do so.

Steps to reproduce the problem

Open Starter Solution Contracts.fmp12 with FileMaker Pro Advanced 14 on a Windows 8.1 machine. File->Manage->Custom Functions. Select the first function (GetAddress) and click Edit. The text "http://maps.google..." will already be selected when the dialog box appears. Copy the text. Attempt to paste the text into the same box.

Expected result

Previously selected and copied text will be pasted at the location of the cursor.

Actual result

If following the steps above, FMPA crashes upon pressing Ctrl+V. If a similar process is tried in some other places, for example, defining a calculation field, the copy/paste simply fail to work.

• 1. Re: FMPA14 crash on paste
          TSGal

Ryan Tittle:

Thank you for your post.

I am unable to replicate the issue on a Windows 8.1 machine running FileMaker Pro Advanced 14.0.1.  I am able to copy the contents of the GetAddress function and paste, as well as copy the Set Variable option (Name, Value, and Repetition) and paste.

My system shows Windows 8.1 Pro, Intel Xeon CPU, E5620 @ 2.40 GHz 2.39 GHz (2 processors), 4GB RAM, 64-bit operating system.

I'm not sure what else to try here to make it crash.  Regardless, send in your crash report.  Check your Inbox at the top of this page for instructions where to send the crash report.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: FMPA14 crash on paste
            TSGal

Ryan Tittle:

I received your crash report and additional information.  Thank you.

I have sent your post and crash report to our Development and Testing departments for review.  When I receive any feedback, I will let you know.

TSGal
            FileMaker, Inc.

• 3. Re: FMPA14 crash on paste
              TSGal

Ryan Tittle:

Development has replied that the crash report does not show what caused the "out of memory" issue.  The exception of the main thread is called System.OutOfMemoryException, and the stacks in this thread are almost all from Windows.  Development said that it is possible too many programs were running at the same time, and suggested increasing the virtual memory.

TSGal
              FileMaker, Inc.