Thank you for the post.
To attempt to replicate this, I created a new database file in FileMaker Pro 12.0v4 Advanced:
1. Added 4 container fields to a single layout.
2. Created an "OnRecordLoad" script to Go To and select/perform on any empty container field.
3. Transferred the new file an iPad with iOS 6.1.3 and opened with FileMaker Go 12.0v7.
4. Using the iPad's camera, pictures were taken for each of the 4 containers fields on the layout.
5. This process was repeated for 10 records while switching between records, until every container field on every record contained a picture.
FileMaker Go 12.0v7 on the iPad with iOS 6.1.3, using the iPad's camera took and added 40 pictures across 10 records with 4 container fields. The application did not crash even once.
Am I possibly missing a step to replicate? Does this occur in a newly created test file?
I don't think you are missing the concept however the form I'm using has 97 fields on it (some calculations, text,date,numbers,containers for signatures and pictures ,etc.). I am exploring the possibility that incoming messages may be part of what is happening. When I check time stamps and compare with messages received through iMessage the timing is close but hard for me to pin point exactly. The crashes are occurring on devices with Verizon wireless service. The file is not a hosted file and is running directly from the device. Alerts are turned off to avoid interruptions while using the file. My next step is to try disabling messaging and email push while using the file.
The crash does not occur all the time and so it's obvious to me that some combination of events is causing it. But the key trigger is always pushing the button to take the photo.
Another possibility is to try running a script with a pause in it and touch on the container field to take a photo prior to continuing the paused script.