FMPro v12 won't launch in Yosemite

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

v12

Operating system version

MacOS X 10.1

Description of the issue

added a second drive to iMac 12,2 - installed Yosemite on that drive, migrated all data/apps from original drive
      can open .fp7 files just fine with FMPro v11.0.4 (everything else behaving fine, too)
      v12 first launched/crashed with cryptic characters on the splash screen (before nearly immediate crash) - downloaded the v12.0.5 update, which installed without issue - now the splash screen looks good, but error banner tells me v12 wasn't installed correctly (app quits) - tried installing again from .dmg, still no go - deleted and downloaded v12 .dmg again / reinstalled, still no go
      do I need v13 to open my .fp12 files?

Screen_Shot_2015-01-09_at_7.28.32_AM.png

• 1. Re: FMPro v12 won't launch in Yosemite
          TSGal

Randy Faunce:

Thank you for your post.

I have FileMaker Pro 12 installed and running on my Mac OS X 10.10.1 iMac.  I suspect that the initial download for FileMaker Pro 12 was incomplete, so I would first remove all instances of FileMaker Pro 12 from your machine, and then download a fresh copy of FileMaker Pro 12.  After downloading, then install FileMaker Pro 12.

If you still have difficulty installing FileMaker Pro 12, please contact our Technical Support department.  If you are located in North America, call toll-free 800-325-2747.  You will not be charged for installation issues.  If you are located outside of North America, contact the FileMaker office nearest you.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.