5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 16, 2009 2:16 PM by TSGal

FMS 10 Adv crashes WPE fails

rpcia

Summary

FMS 10 Adv crashes WPE fails

Description of the issue

FileMaker Product(s) involvedFMS 10 Advanced multiple machine install alternativeOperating System(s) involved2003 Server StandardWebserver running IIS 6 and PHP is Windows 2003 SBS Detailed description of the issueAfter running for sometimes as little as an hour normally the server will start sending me error messages such asFileMaker Server 10.0.1.64 on RPC reported the following event:Tue Jan 20 03:50:29 CST 2009 FMS ERROR wpe1Some problems were detected in the WPE COMPONENT: COMPONENT IS NOT RESPONDING.FileMaker Server automatically sent you this email. Contact the administrator if you no longer want to receive these notifications:Company emailPhone: (515) 733-5246Error logs: 1/20/2009 9:28 Server Events Error Database "FMTEMPFM4975cc130001" is damaged and has been closed.        1/20/2009 9:28 Server Events Error FileMaker Server quitting! An unrecoverable error occurred. (FileMaker Database Engine stopped.)        1/20/2009 9:28 Server Events Error Database "FMTEMPFM4975cd1e002b" is damaged and has been closed.        1/20/2009 9:31 Publishing Engine Access Error 127.0.0.1:2645 - - "/fmi/conf/config.wpc" 401 0 Exact steps to reproduce the issueSeems to happen the most after running a backup, and this is the first time that the server completely crashed on me today with the error above "An unrecoverable error occurred"Exact text of any error message(s) that appearedSee above Any additional configuration information/troubleshooting that is relevant to the issueI did a complete removal of FMS 9 Adv before installing FMS 10 Adv on both the master and worker machines.  I have a mix of fm 8.5, 9, and one mac user using fm 10. Any workarounds that you have foundI have tried turning off the WPE but it does not seem to help, my next steps will be to run the configuratin wizard and reconfigure without the option of WPE, because it still seems to want to run even when I have turned it off via the Admin Console. Once a day I have been having to go in use the cmd prompt because the Admin console will not respone, close all files and stop the server sometimes it doesn't when it doesnt the cmd window crashes and closes.

• 1. Re: FMS 10 Adv crashes WPE fails
          TSGal

rpcia:

Thank you for your post.

I have sent you a private message (top of this screen - right side - X Messages) with instructions where to send your log files.  These are important to us so we can determine what might be the cause.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: FMS 10 Adv crashes WPE fails
            rpcia

I sent my information to tech support over a week ago as instructed.  Are there any updates for me?

I have since uninstalled the WPE portion of server10 advanced but it still fails to go an entire week without crashing.  Normally it is after a backup is run. 

You can start to tell it is going to crash by the admin console not showing data correctly.  Normaly it won't show my users then it fails to show the databases bein hosted.

Any information would be great.  I will probably be forced to revert back to FMS 9 Adv are there any things I should know about before performing this unsinstall/reinstall.

• 3. Re: FMS 10 Adv crashes WPE fails
              TSGal

rpcia:

No update from Development/Testing at this time.

There is nothing unusual about uninstalling and reinstalling, and nothing has been reported.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 4. Re: FMS 10 Adv crashes WPE fails
                TSGal

rpcia:

I've been instructed to also retrieve the FileMaker Web Publishing crash logs.  The last file you sent was the event log.  Please send to the same address given in the private message.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 5. Re: FMS 10 Adv crashes WPE fails
                  TSGal

rpcia:

I still haven't received the web publishing crash logs.

Here are some additional questions...

1. Can a user log in with a client?

2. If you can log in, can a record be modified (using an account that has edit abilities)?

3. Is the UAC up and running?  If not, try to use the command line interface.

4. List the client list and database list using the UAC or CLI.  What is reported back?  If clients are still connected, can those clients modify a record?

5. If one or more clients are still running, the DBS is probably OK.  Some users may be waiting on other users that have locks (which of course may be OK).  You want to find somebody that isn't running a process that can do simple navigation and have them edit the record.

6. Are other technologies such as JDBC, ODBC, WPC able to read or write toa database or "the" database?

7. Are there user dmp files in the log folder (Windows) or crash reports in console (Mac)?

8. If one of the technologies is involved, take a smp or sample of that technology (if a crash is expected).

9. Can the user use the UAC or CLI to close one of the less important (non-used) files?

We still need the crash logs.  It's still not clear whether this is a database server crash or a Web Publishing crash. 

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.