AnsweredAssumed Answered

FMS 10 Console Failed to start

Question asked by FrancescoScarpa on Feb 13, 2009
Latest reply on Apr 7, 2010 by BrianPanhuyzen

Summary

FMS 10 Console Failed to start

Description of the issue

FileMaker Product(s) involved:Filemaker server 10 (10.0.1.64 and related update 10.0.1a) Operating System(s) involved:Windows 2003 standard edition R2 Detailed description of the issue:Filemaker Console, after work properly for 1 month (using a VLA license and not a trial version), stop respondign.I cannot access to the console to close files, disconnect users and all the other common task or configuration.Filemaker is unrensponsive ar localhost:16000 or filemaker_ip_address_on_lan:16000.I can only  manage fielmaker using command line (through MS cmd). Exact steps to reproduce the issue:I have worked with this version for 1 month or little less.I have installed latest windows update and Java 6.11 runtime environment (the latter is required to make work filemaker 10 console).After windows update i restared the server and filemaker console didn't start and give up with an error message but Filemaker files were available for all the clients and I can access filemaker command line. At this point I uninstall win updates, i kept only java 6.7 and try to restart console but it was unrensponsive. I removed filemaker from that server, try a new installation on another machine (with java 6.7 and no recent win updates but r2) and filemaker console didn't start (same as on previous machine).Retry with java 6.11: same result. I think I tried each possible configuration available right now.Expected Result:COnsole start properly in order to deploy/configure database server Actual Result:Console didn't start at all. Exact text of any error message(s) that appeared:N/A Any additional configuration information/troubleshooting that is relevant to the issue:No hardware firewall blocking any port nor firewall software. Any workarounds that you have found:At this moment, no..

Outcomes