1 2 3 Previous Next 32 Replies Latest reply on Aug 30, 2016 2:49 PM by TSGal

FMS 13 Win2008, Scheduled Script will not contineu:  "No Scripts are available for specified...

rothdavid

Summary

FMS 13 Win2008, Scheduled Script will not contineu:  "No Scripts are available for specified account"

Product

FileMaker Server

Version

Operating system version

WinServer 2008 rc standard SP1

Description of the issue

I just upgraded our server to ver 13, following the upgrade instructions.  document setup, remove Server 12, clear IE browser cache and Java cache, then install Server 13

Replicating scheduled scripts to run in a particular db results in this error using a local account to sign in with

"No Scripts are available for specified account"

I have 3 Full access local accts, none work, yet all 3 I can login to the db with.

I can create schedules on other db's, it would appear that I cannot on this one particular db though which is the largest and most used.

Steps to reproduce the problem

create a new schedule, select filemaker script, select the database, select "local account" enter local account credentials.

Expected result

a list of scripts to select for the schedule.

Actual result

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

No Scripts are available for specified account

No_Account_Message.png

• 1. Re: FMS 13 Win2008, Scheduled Script will not contineu:  "No Scripts are available for specified...
          TSGal

David Roth:

Thank you for your post.

Does the local account have access to the scripts?  That is, if the Privilege Set is not set to [Full Access} nor the Extended Privilege fmapp doesn't have the Privilege Set, then you will may not be able to see the scripts.  When you edit the Privilege set for that account, make sure Scripts is not set to "All no access".

Any other information you can provide may be helpful in narrowing down the possible cause.

TSGal
               FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: FMS 13 Win2008, Scheduled Script will not contineu:  "No Scripts are available for specified...
            rothdavid

Yes, the accounts tested are all [Full Access] accounts.  I am currently in this particular db creating new scripts using my account. 

I consulted a colleague who offered trying:  

1.           Take the db offline, open it locally with the account. then close, then re-host, see if that works.
            3.           Try a save as compacted copy
            5.           Perform a file recovery.

I will try these later this evening once users have left for the day.

• 3. Re: FMS 13 Win2008, Scheduled Script will not contineu:  "No Scripts are available for specified...
              TSGal

David Roth:

Before doing that, access the hosted file via FileMaker Pro using the main [Full Access] account.  Pull down the File menu and select "Manage -> Security...".  Click the "Extended Privileges" tab, double-click the "fmapp" keyword, and verify the account is listed under the Active accounts for [Full Access].  If for some reason it is not listed as a [Full Access] account, then make sure Access is turned on for that account.

TSGal
                   FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: FMS 13 Win2008, Scheduled Script will not contineu:  "No Scripts are available for specified...
                rothdavid

Confirmed, it does display there.. I opened the account (David Roth)  it is active, set to [full access]  open extended privs and my name is displayed with the "fmapp" option.

• 5. Re: FMS 13 Win2008, Scheduled Script will not contineu:  "No Scripts are available for specified...
                  TSGal

David Roth:

Thanks for verifying.

And just to be sure, if you now pull down the Scripts menu, scripts are listed.  (I'm sure they are listed).

Try creating another [Full Access] account and name it "David Roth 2".  Are you then able to access the scripts from the Schedule Assistant?  If so, remove the original "David Roth" account, and rename "David Roth 2" account back to "David Roth".

I don't know the cause, so I'm switching to possible solution mode.

TSGal
                       FileMaker, Inc.

• 6. Re: FMS 13 Win2008, Scheduled Script will not contineu:  "No Scripts are available for specified...
                    rothdavid

I only have1 script displayed under the scripts menu, I have the vast majority all of them hidden so users cannot access them as a rule.    I use the script manager to access them.  Yes, all three existing Full Access accounts have access to the scripts menu, and the new account, David Roth 2 sees the one script and can access the script manager fine.

Creating a scheduled script using that new login however yields the same message.

• 7. Re: FMS 13 Win2008, Scheduled Script will not contineu:  "No Scripts are available for specified...
                      TSGal

David Roth:

If I read your posts correctly, this only happens on one file.  Correct?  Does this occur when you try to edit a schedule?  Or, just when you try to create a new schedule?  That is, if you already/hopefully have a scheduled script set up for this file, are you able to edit it without getting the error?

If after recovering or compacting the file, you still get the same issue, I would like to see the file and work with Development and Testing to determine why this is failing.  Check your Inbox at the top of this page for instructions where to send the file.

TSGal
                           FileMaker, Inc.

• 8. Re: FMS 13 Win2008, Scheduled Script will not contineu:  "No Scripts are available for specified...
                        rothdavid

Yes, it is only happening with one particular file.  I just upgraded to 13 and was creating schedules under server 13 so I have none to edit.  I will try file level items, including recovery. 

My full access acct exists in all our db's and  I have tested with one other db and I readily receive the list of scripts to select one.

thank you for your time.  I will report back tomorrow morning.

David

• 9. Re: FMS 13 Win2008, Scheduled Script will not contineu:  "No Scripts are available for specified...
                          hschlossberg

Hi TSGal --

Just FYI, I have access to David's file and server and verified that everything was set up properly.  

I just thought to do some further tests and discovered that:

a) If I create a new Full Access account, all scripts are available to that account in the server scheduling.

b) If I copy one of the original Full Access accounts, scripts are then NOT available in server scheduling for that copied account.

c) If I change the password on that copied account (and by "change", I mean re-entering the same original password), then all works normally, as I find that it does as well on the original account...sort of....

What I found on (a) and (c) is that the first time you enter the account name and password in server admin and then click 'next', we get the "no available scripts" error.  But if you click 'next' again (without touching the account name or password), then it moves forward and shows the scripts.  In fact, on two tests now, I've had to click 'next' THREE times on the new account created in (a) before it would show me the scripts.

David should try this on his own account original since he still has his original password in there (i.e. try clicking next a few times, and if that doesn't work try duping the account and trying that).  

ONE OTHER THING I've noticed: These "no available scripts" messages appear on "step 2" (databases) screen, as though it does not recognize the password at all.  It is the same thing that happens when I use gibberish for the account name and password.  On the other hand, If I try it using "Guest Account" (which by the way is NOT enabled in the database), it takes me to "step 3" (FileMaker script) and shows me the same error message (with no scripts shown of course).

AND A FINAL NOTE: If you then go back from step 3 back to step 2, there is only a blank row for the selected databases.  The only thing that seems to make it come back is to go back to step 1, select a different option, then select "FileMaker  Script" again, and then next.

• 10. Re: FMS 13 Win2008, Scheduled Script will not contineu:  "No Scripts are available for specified...
                            rothdavid

Howards suggestion to set up the schedule, then hit next, allow the dialog to appear, then wait until it disappears, then hit next a second time, allowed it to then move to the to next screen with a list of schedules.

I had three schedules to create and the console did not display one of the scripts although it was verified as 100% functional to run on the server.

I slightly changed the name of the script and created a new schedule, then selected NEXT twice, as before, and the console then did display the script I needed.

I have all three schedules configured.  Thank you Howard and TSGal !

David

• 11. Re: FMS 13 Win2008, Scheduled Script will not contineu:  "No Scripts are available for specified...
                              TSGal

howards and David Roth:

Thanks for the observations and information.  I have forwarded this information to our Development and Testing departments for review.  I'll keep you updated as information becomes available to me.

TSGal
                                   FileMaker, Inc.

• 12. Re: FMS 13 Win2008, Scheduled Script will not contineu:  "No Scripts are available for specified...
                                jessicar

I am experiencing exactly the same issue, and I believe I have the same setup as David.

Product: FileMaker Server
                                          Version: 13.01
                                          Operating system version: WinServer 2008 R2 SP1
                                          Browser: Internet Explorer 10

I am following suit to hit the "Next" button twice and that seems to be a viable workaround (although it's pretty bugg-y when you try to edit. It's useable - just very finicky.)

• 13. Re: FMS 13 Win2008, Scheduled Script will not contineu:  "No Scripts are available for specified...
                                  TSGal

Jessica Reitz:

Thank you for your post.

I have also attached your post to the original report.

TSGal
                                       FileMaker, Inc.

• 14. Re: FMS 13 Win2008, Scheduled Script will not contineu:  "No Scripts are available for specified...
                                    DecentGroup

The inability to create schedules is not a new FMS13 issue. I have the same problem in FMS12.0.4.405 (Mac OS X 10.8.3).

It is confined to just one file, and the problem remains even after doing this:
                                         - closing file in FMS
                                         - using FMPA 12.0v4, recovery ("scan & rebuild" with all 4 recover option boxes ticked)
                                         - Save As Compacted Copy
                                         - creating new Full Access account

The workaround of hitting "Next" button twice does NOT work in FMS12 on Mac - I guess this is a separate UI bug in FMS13.

To date I have found no way of creating a scheduled script for this file.

More than happy to supply the file for examination if you would like. (I have zipped versions before recovery, after recovery and after SACC.) Also happy to provide you with access to the server outside UK office hours.

James Ducker
                                         Decent Group, UK

(FM13 ETS testers, Platinum FBA members, winners of "EMEA partner of the year" at DevCon 2013)

1 2 3 Previous Next