AnsweredAssumed Answered

FMS10 Custom Dialog Input Fields

Question asked by mattwatts on Jan 29, 2009
Latest reply on Jan 30, 2009 by TSGal

Summary

FMS10 Custom Dialog Input Fields

Description of the issue

FileMaker Product(s) involved: Filemaker Pro Server 10.0.1.64Filemaker Pro Advanced 10.0v1 (also tested with FMPA 9) Operating System(s) involved:Mac 10.4.11 Server / Mac 10.5.6 Client Detailed description of the issue:Data entered into Input fields is not saved when using buttons 2 or 3 in custom dialog box. Exact steps to reproduce the issue:I have a script step on hosted database to show a custom dialog box. Users can enter data into any of 3 Input fields. If button 1 is used to dismiss the dialog box, the data entered into the input fields is saved as expected.  If buttons 2 or 3 are used, the data entered is ignored. Exact text of any error message(s) that appeared:No error messages given. Any additional configuration information/troubleshooting that is relevant to the issue:Have tested in an existing database solution and in a new database.  I have tested with a single input field and 3 input fields with same result (all data entered is ignored with buttons 2 and 3).  I have also tested with global fields and standard fields with same result.Any workarounds that you have found:Issue does not occur if database is open only on client (ie it is not hosted on the server). 

Outcomes