3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 30, 2009 8:53 AM by TSGal

FMS10 Custom Dialog Input Fields

mattwatts

Summary

FMS10 Custom Dialog Input Fields

Description of the issue

FileMaker Product(s) involved: Filemaker Pro Server 10.0.1.64Filemaker Pro Advanced 10.0v1 (also tested with FMPA 9) Operating System(s) involved:Mac 10.4.11 Server / Mac 10.5.6 Client Detailed description of the issue:Data entered into Input fields is not saved when using buttons 2 or 3 in custom dialog box. Exact steps to reproduce the issue:I have a script step on hosted database to show a custom dialog box. Users can enter data into any of 3 Input fields. If button 1 is used to dismiss the dialog box, the data entered into the input fields is saved as expected.  If buttons 2 or 3 are used, the data entered is ignored. Exact text of any error message(s) that appeared:No error messages given. Any additional configuration information/troubleshooting that is relevant to the issue:Have tested in an existing database solution and in a new database.  I have tested with a single input field and 3 input fields with same result (all data entered is ignored with buttons 2 and 3).  I have also tested with global fields and standard fields with same result.Any workarounds that you have found:Issue does not occur if database is open only on client (ie it is not hosted on the server). 

• 1. Re: FMS10 Custom Dialog Input Fields
          davidhead

I think you will find that even your workaround does not work. Custom dialogs have worked (or not worked) this way since they have been able to input text. The Online Help topic on the Show Custom Dialog script step specifically states:

"Button 1, the default or rightmost button, is the only button that will write information from the input fields to a file."

So it is not a bug - that is the way it works. 

• 2. Re: FMS10 Custom Dialog Input Fields
            mattwatts

Thanks for the clarification. I'm sure this worked in my test database, but it doesn't today.

Please, can you therefore consider this as a feature request!

Matt 

• 3. Re: FMS10 Custom Dialog Input Fields
              TSGal

MWatts:

Thank you for your post.

Please enter the feature request on our web site at:

http://www.filemaker.com/company/feature_request.html

I could easily copy and paste your posts into the web form, but there are questions asked that only you can answer.

From what I have observed, our Product Marketing department tends to pay more attention to those requests that have real life examples.  Explain what happens, how this affects your business, etc.  In other words, don't just say, "Put in this feature".

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.