Summary

FMS13 shows no open files after ONE file was closed and removed

Product

FileMaker Server

Version

Operating system version

OSX10.9.2

Description of the issue

after closing one single file and removing that one using the admin-window NO files are visible in the admin-window. All folders are empty

Steps to reproduce the problem

select one of several files
      select close for that file
      remove that file

Expected result

all other files are visible

Actual result

no visible files. BUT clients can connect, every thing is working perfect - except that server-admin-thing

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

nothing

Configuration information

one-server installation, nothing installed on the server except FMS and the OS

Workaround

restarting the hardware. stopping/starting fms doesn't help

• 1. Re: FMS13 shows no open files after ONE file was closed and removed
          TSGal

markus schneider:

Thank you for your post.

I am unable to replicate the issue.  Here are the steps I took:

1. On my Mac with Mac OS X 10.9.2, I launched FileMaker Pro 13.0v2 and opened up a few test files.

2. From the File menu, I selected Sharing -> Upload to FileMaker Server...

3. I selected a Mac OS X 10.9.2 machine running FileMaker Server 13.0v1.

4. The current file was selected, I clicked Browse, added two other files, and then clicked Upload.

5. I then launched Safari, and launched Admin Console of the FileMaker Server machine.  I see all files listed and opened.

6. I selected one file and closed it.

7. With that closed file still selected, I clicked the trash can and confirmed deletion of the file.  All other files are still listed and opened.

8. To verify the other files were open, with FileMaker Pro 13.0v2 still open on my machine, I remotely opened each of those files.

Let me know what I'm doing differently than you so I can try to replicate the issue.

TSGal
               FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: FMS13 shows no open files after ONE file was closed and removed
            Markus Schneider

that server was also running since the update to 10.9.x until I had to replace one file

• 3. Re: FMS13 shows no open files after ONE file was closed and removed
              TSGal

markus schneider:

Since FileMaker Server writes information to the OS, when you updated to Mac OS X 10.9, not everything may have been accessed correctly.

Since this issue has occurred, have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling FileMaker Server after updating to Mac OS X 10.9.x?  If not, copy your database folders to the Desktop, uninstall and reinstall FileMaker Server, and then set up the Database folders and copy the files from your desktop to their respective folders.

Launch Admin Console and see if you are now able to remove one file.

TSGal
                   FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: FMS13 shows no open files after ONE file was closed and removed
                Markus Schneider

as mentioned in the original posting, restarting the server machine helped.

Sorry, I did not mention in the original post that I can remove a file, that's not the problem. After removing the file, the admin-thing (how does one name this?) didn't work anymore. After the restart, everything was ok.

Since we encountered the non-working 'admin-thing' a few times, I believe that there might be a problem with that - when running for a long time without restarts