Thank you for your post.
One other user reported this in 2007, but we were unable to reproduce the problem. The user did mention that closing and reopening the file fixed the problem.
If you are able to duplicate this problem on a consistent basis, please let us know the exact steps you took.
As part of a deployment issue, I have just finished re-installing the server. So now it is showing connected clients properly. Sorry that I couldn't test the issue by closing and re-opening the db's.
First of all, I'm glad it is now working. However, I'm sorry you had to uninstall and reinstall... :-(
I have to report the same kind of issues with FMS 10 console.
Here are the cases I observed :
- SASE script running but not showing in the client list
- SASE script not running but showing in the client list
- Same FM client user showing several times in the client list
- FM client user disconnected but still showin in the client list
Most users not having an SLA license complain that they receive a Max user using this license... message. Why can't FMS, check if a user is really connected when someone attempts to log in? (feature request)
Why is FM client function Get ( UserCount ) more reactive than FMS ?
Unfortunately, I'd like to report that 0 clients is back. Also, after clicking around in Admin Console, I noticed some other things:
1) The "Peak Clients" shows as 2. Yet there were at least 20 yesterday (7 just in my dept).
2) The DB Folder paths show as "invalid", yet the db's are being served from the path specified.
3) The statistics show the correct number of db's open, but now the db screen is empty.
4) Web publishing shows maximum of 0 simultaneous users, but lists 10 in the window (and I can't change that).
In short, this admin console is useless. How do I check if any clients are connected, send them msgs and such?
One other user reported this problem, but we were never able to reproduce it here. I know that doesn't help you, but if you have something additional that will help us reproduce the problem, we would definitely welcome it! If there is a problem with FileMaker Server, we definitely want to know what it is and ideally fix it.
This also goes for you, too. Any additional information you can provide would be helpful.
Regarding the suggestions, please enter them at:
I could easily copy your suggestions and paste it into the web form, but there are additional questions asked that only you can answer.